Wow, it was fun. Hard work and I made a few mistakes (thanks to Jaxon for helping me rectify them) but to end up with a proper custom board at the end of it was amazing. Also, Lisa managed to tag along and so ended up having a very relaxing mini-holiday.
I went for a blue/bronze burnt-through effect. I was tempted to play safe and just go for a dip or single colour but decided to push things a bit and went for a 2 colour look. It looks pretty grungy (in a shiny way) but will look fab in the water. As it's based on my original surfboard (see first pic below), which was shaped in 1980, it's a bit of a line cruiser but I'm hoping it'll ride like a beaut!